Advertisement

This Week In The News... or maybe not. 11/18/11

topic posted Fri, November 18, 2011 - 9:41 AM by  Abraxas
Share/Save/Bookmark
CIA's 'vengeful librarians' stalk Twitter and Facebook
www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...book.html

Syria blasts US for 'blatant interference'
www.google.com/hostednews...oDCc-vmW4_w

Report: Russia warships to enter Syria waters in bid to stem foreign intervention
www.haaretz.com/news/middl...on-1.396359

Ex-Officer Calls Homeland Security Corrupt
www.courthousenews.com/2011/1...227.htm

TSA Will Open Your Christmas Presents
losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/1...t-wrap/

Fake terror plots, paid informants: the tactics of FBI 'entrapment' questioned
www.guardian.co.uk/world/20...ror-plots

Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar
thenewamerican.com/economy/...ed-dollar

Have We Have Delivered Libya Into the Hands of Al Qaeda?
www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/1...da.html

Resisting Police Desires Is Labeled “Violence” … Even If Police Action Is Unlawful
www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/1...ul.html

Big Brother alert over surge in 'citizen spies' as thousands more volunteer to snoop on neighbours
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ours.html

Iran claims defence computer systems hit by another 'supervirus'
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...irus.html

Pentagon: Offensive cyber attacks fair game
www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...og.html

FLASHBACK: (2009) "The covert American program, started in early 2008, includes ... new efforts, some of them experimental, to undermine electrical systems, computer systems and other networks on which Iran relies."
www.nytimes.com/2009/01/11...11iran.html

FLASHBACK: "By the accounts of a number of computer scientists, nuclear enrichment experts and former officials, the covert race to create Stuxnet was a joint project between the Americans and the Israelis."
www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16...tuxnet.html

FLASHBACK: Computer expert says US behind Stuxnet worm
www.spacedaily.com/reports/..._999.html

A Rigged Revolution: How The Shadow CIA-MI6 Network Put Khomeini And Militant Islamists in Power
disquietreservations.blogspot.com/2...ml

TSA Warns of Terrorist Interest in Attacking Buses During Busy Holiday Season
www.hstoday.us/briefings/...e1db24.html

Girl, 13, left in 'waking coma' and sleeps for 23 hours a day after severe reaction to cervical cancer jabs
www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-jab.html

Mathematical Proof Of Dramatic Media Bias And Favoritism During The Republican Debates
endoftheamericandream.com/archi...ebates

Israel hails deadly blast in Iran
www.google.com/hostednews...4U1QlPPQFLA

Was Israel Behind a Deadly Explosion at an Iranian Missile Base?
www.time.com/time/world/...9376,00.html

CIA operations in Iran underway to take out Tehran bigs in mission to dismantle weapons program
www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...-1.977103

DOJ: Lying on Match.com needs to be a crime
news.cnet.com/8301-31921_...-be-a-crime/

Bloomberg News poll of likely Iowa caucus attendees: Cain 20%, Paul 19%, Romney 18%
www.bloomberg.com/news/2011...cuses.html

Twitter Ordered to Hand Over WikiLeaks Info to Justice Department
dissidentvoice.org/2011/11/...partment/

UK Taxis To Record Conversations
www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...221.html

From tragedy to travesty: Drugs tested on survivors of Bhopal
www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...412.html

Face of Mexico drugs war becomes second interior minister to die in air crash
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rash.html

Girl, 6, Allegedly Strip Searched At School
www.10tv.com/content/sto...-school.html

The Militarization of Your Local Police
www.allgov.com/Top_Storie...lice_111113

California Town Approves Deployment of Spy Plane
www.dailynews.com/news/ci_19319734

Homeland Security detain Occupy Portland Photographer
www.demotix.com/photo/9062...hotographer

Philadelphia Police Captain Ray Lewis Joins Occupy Wall Street, Calls NYPD Conduct “Disgusting,” “Totally Uncalled For” (Lewis is later arrested)
www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/1...or.html

GE Filed 57,000-Page Tax Return, Paid No Taxes on $14 Billion in Profits
www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...37.html

EU bans claim that water can prevent dehydration
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...tion.html

Professional Perspectives on Water Fluoridation
www.youtube.com/watch
(this isn't new, but I actually happened across it on TV last night and thought I'd post it)

-----

FLASHBACK: Last Week In The News... or maybe not.
tribes.tribe.net/infobunke...331cac0a23
posted by:
Abraxas
SF Bay Area
Advertisement
  • how can this stuff not be in the news if you are referencing news web sites?
    • Jeff, I suggest acquainting yourself with the concept of "under reported", as opposed to playing the fool, and exercising some personal grudge that has nothing to do with the topic, or anything posted within it

look, you don't have to agree with abraxis, or even like him, but this tribe would be much more enjoyable if you actually tried to discuss the topic in some honest, and intellectual, manner.

In fact, this is the same type of behavior that got you chased out of the ME politics tribe on numerous occasions. So let that be a clue
      • <<Jeff, I suggest acquainting yourself with the concept of "under reported", as opposed to playing the fool, and exercising some personal grudge that has nothing to do with the topic, or anything posted within it

The only one seemingly excercising a grudge is you being that you are following me around and engaging in personal denigration at every turn. This is yet another shining example of this practice. Abraxas indicated that this information is not in the news, subsequently my question is respectful, appropriate, and logical. Nowhere did I insult him or engage in grudge-like behavior. The same can't be said for you being that your clear goal is to engage in excercise your own grudge via insults.

1.) Abraxas spoke nothing of these things being "under reported", why that phrase (inserted by you) is in quotes is bewildering.

2.) Abraxas title clearly indicates that this information was not in the news, or maybe not in the news, he says nothing of "under reported".

3.) So the quesiton becomes, why do you feel the need to come in and speak for Abraxas, even inserting language he never used?

<<In fact, this is the same type of behavior that got you chased out of the ME politics tribe on numerous occasions.

Huh? what behavior would that be? Asking a logical question in a respectful manner? I never got chased out of anywhere bud, just got busier at work and have always used the POLITICS tribe as my primary tribe for debate. In other words, I have less time to spread around to other tribes. Now you on the other hand have been kicked off this tribe repeatedly for excercising your own personal grudges via personal insults and name calling.

<<So let that be a clue

A clue to what? Another of your idiotic insults? Stop throwing a tantrum Dustin.
    • ------how can this stuff not be in the news if you are referencing news web sites?

look at that. abraxas finds all sort of interesting things and you just have to pick pick pick. you are a joy. can we just ignore him? abraxas i appreciate this kind of thread. dont feed into jeffs childish bullshit. god i cant imagine what inspired him to write that shit. what kind of person needs to start this much conflict?

as for the information in this thread i think one problem is that we only have so much time to spend reading or listening to news so since most news agencies are profit centers we dont get a lot of democracy nows or nprs. so most interesting stories not only dont get reported but they dont even get a lot of reporters following them since they are told what to report about. this is why i am here by the way because i find so much news that otherwise i would miss. its great. even elo and jeff and tuk tuk cant push me away!

Recent topics in "! * POLITICS * !"